Physics/Chemistry/Biology 9 - 12
Physics/chemistry/biology curriculum must provide a conceptual understanding in basic physics concepts and fundamental laws which aims to secure a foundational course at HSSC level. Therefore, this curriculum is designed to bridge the gap between school and university as well as societal needs. This curriculum aims to provide logical and analytical skills in the collecting and analysis of experimental data which will enable students to broaden their perspective and opportunity of availing education of international standards.
Following are the policy consideration for Physics in the following areas/verticals:
Development of Standards for 9- 12:
● must be at par with international standards.
● must be focused on experiential learning with the development of logical, problem-solving and analytical thinking skills of students.
● Must provide students with hands-on and activity-based learning to improve learning outcomes.
● must develop skills of the students in using experimental data and interpreting for documenting it.
● It should also provide enough opportunities for self-learning and upscaling of skills.
● The marketing/communication channel for the promotion of standard documents should be planned thoughtfully in order to avoid/cover any propaganda or fear of stakeholders.
● Provision of outcome-based multiple textbooks.
● Provision of recommending international textbooks/e-textbooks at HSSC level
● Establishment of digital content for the same course for students and teachers.
● During the development of learning resources, authors and reviewers should be those who have the competency to create the content based on the recommended SLOs instead of copying work from other resources.
● Establishment of an equipped laboratory for students.
● Flexible learning environments for individual and group work.
● The availability of teachers, lab assistants, libraries, and digital labs for students to utilize the resources for the preparation.
● The institution should provide the opportunity to students of availing scholarships at HSSC level at national level.
● Development of training manuals for teachers to teach in the classroom and laboratory.
● Development of a training manual for assessment experts who will be engaged in designing papers, questions, and marking.
● Building strong partnerships with national and international organizations to upscale CPD.
● Digitalization of CPD activities and building digital literacy of teachers.
● The reform of the examination bodies such as boards, etc. at a federal and provincial level in terms of administration, conducting exams, and commuting results.
● Development of Assessment framework in line with Cambridge, IB, and any other relevant examination system.
● The development of sample paper for theory and practical, conducting mock exams as a sample for training the relevant stakeholders should be necessary to plan.
● collaboration with other national and international examination systems.
Scheme of Studies
● The provision for students to choose the course as per their choice at HSSC level.
● The policy for establishing equivalency at the national and international levels.
o This policy document should be a guiding document for students and parents for planning the career pathways for continuing studies at national and international level.